Wednesday, April 14, 2010

James Headstone

I know that I have been terribly bad lately and not writing on my blog. Let me just say that every April I go thru a very depressed state as that is the month that my husband James passed away. This year seemed harder because I am also dealing with the installation of his headstone which I ordered 2 years ago. YES, I said 2 years!!! I actually ordered from outside of my area because I felt this company had some beautiful headstones and the price was more than reasonable. So Saturday, April 10th was the 4 year anniversary so the headstone was installed on Sunday, April 11th. I had to go to East Texas for this and I have to say that the headstone is truly PERFECT!! I think we had everything he would have wanted put on the headstone and when you drive up to the cemetery it is what you see standing. He wanted a tall monument and that is exactly what he got... I know he has looked down from heaven and he is smiling on this. Take a look at the picture...




Today I have to spend my time re-stocking my refrigerator as the blasted thing went out on Saturday and I lost everything I had in there and it was yesterday before they got the part in and could finally finish the repair. So in a bit I will head out and buy groceries and get it restocked. I hate to think what this grocery bill is going to be. Might be a good time to start a diet and only stock it with green lettuce and yogurt. LOL!!!!! I don't think so...

I had my yard crew here yesterday so the lawn has been mulched and all the shrubs trimmed. Now it is time to think about the pots on the patio where I lost all of my plants because of the extremely cold weather we had. My 5' pencil cactus is gone and I especially want to replace it but can't seem to find one yet in the nurseries. Will have to keep looking for that as I keep one in honor of my husband who always loved that plant.


Got to get up and get ready to head to the store. Have a wonderful day everyone and I promise to get back into the swing of things real soon!! Hugs, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment