Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh my gosh!!!

I have to tell you how excited I am that I have won a gift and it arrived today. Pat Eaton over at "Bird Nest On The Ground" sent me the wonderful gift and I can't tell you how lovely the little pillow is. I will attach a photo but know that it does not do it justice as it is simply lovely. Thank you so much Pat!!!!!!!





My firstborn was a Valentine Baby so YES, I am partial to this wonderful holiday. And too, RED is my favorite color so maybe that is why I love this wonderful holiday. Anyway, many hugs to Pat for the wonderful gift. Visit her site - http://birdnestontheground.blogspot.com/ and check out her wonderful things.

I've also been fabric shopping this week. A couple of my quilting buddies and I took a drive to LaPorte and Friendswood to see some quilt shops. I fell in love with "The Painted Pony". That shop is to die for!!!!! I have been on a mission this week to find some new fabric in deep shades of red and managed to accumulate several different ones as you will see in the photos below.



I am not going to share the pattern today but this weekend will show the full project. It is from Pat Sloan so check out her BLOG and this is called Camp Sloanie Weekend Stash Buster Weekend. So I have my fabric and have started cutting the strips. I am ready to start.........

I also did a little shopping and look at this gorgeous "African" basket that I bought. Just look at the size of it and I thought it was a bargin at $37. What do you think??? Thanks for stopping by and as always keep on stitching...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Linda, It was my great pleasure to send you this giveaway...I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and your son a great birthday. Enjoy the goodies!!! pat

    ReplyDelete