Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Quilting Done...

I hope this weekend finds everyone doing something fun. The weather here in Houston is dreary, gray and very cold. You know the wet cold that goes right thru you. So I have chosen to just stick around the house and get some sewing done. Didn't have a particular project when I started out but at least I was sewing. Started sewing a lot of "old" charms together from some fabric that I ordered a few years ago on eBay. So it will make a perfect small charity quilt...



Next I took a Moda jelly roll "Crazy Eight" which is Xmas fabric and started a coin quilt. I have it all stitched and it is now ready to be put together for quilting. I will save that for another day as I am ready to stop for a bit.

You can see from this picture what a wonderful sewing view I have in the sewing room. I recently moved over to this bedroom (it's small) but all of the windows allow me to overlook the pool while I sew and that makes it more relaxing. The old sewing room only had a tiny window in it and was awfully dark. I actually have to use 2 of my bedrooms for my sewing/craft things but it is nice to be able to spread out.

In November I purchased a new Brother Quattro sewing machine and I can't tell you how happy that machine makes me. It sews like a dream compared to what I had been sewing on. My family gave me a hard time for spending the money but I will just give up a trip or two and it will certainly be worth it.



Now I am about to go take an early bath as my shoulders are killing me from sitting at the machine all day. Then will cook a little dinner and sit down to continue reading the last Twilight book. It has been a good read so far and what better way to spend my Saturday night.


So life is good... Wishing you all a great weekend as well!!!





Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment