Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Day of Olympics...

I don't know about everyone else but I am glad the Olympics will end today. I have spent way too much time watching TV when I should be in the sewing room (need a TV in there.) So I will get my blog posted early today because I do have to schedule time to watch the final hockey game with USA vs Canada -
GO USA!!!

I have had a real slow week with sewing but have managed to sew a few sections of my "Freddy Moran" quilt. It has been a struggle for me because I had to buy so much of this "funky" fabric to sew with but I am liking it as it starts to fall together. This is meant to be a wall hanging and hoping it will give some color to a dark hallway I have. Here is a picture of some small pieces laid out on the bed...


I have spent a lot of time cutting strips and so to keep it organized I have sorted them into bins by strip size. Now if I can just make myself sit down and sew the pieces together... Maybe I will start work on cutting some of the black/white pieces while I watch the game. Nothing says I can't have a portable cutting table in front of the TV this afternoon. LOL!!!!



Here is my fabric stash for this project so you can see what fabrics I have accumulated for this project. I am loving some of these bright colors!!!



Well it is time to get up from the computer and get started with some chores. Have to be free to watch the USA beat up on Canada (I hope)!!! Congrats to all of the athletes who participated in the Olympics!!!

Until next time -- Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment