Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day...


It's a beautiful day here as the sun is finally shining and of course it is Valentine's Day. Always a special day for me as my firstborn was born on this day in 1968. I can still see my wonderful husband James all smiles because he got his son!!! Back in those days we never knew the sex of the baby before birth. My husband had just been discharged from the Marine Corp 3 weeks before and it was a good time in our life. James was standing there afterward with a huge white teddy bear and a beautiful card which I still have. So YES, it's a good day today...

My son Kelly is out of town this weekend as his girlfriend has surprised him with a trip to Washington DC (and all that snow). I am sure that they are having a good time and enjoying themselves. I on the other hand will spend the day relaxing around here and enjoying having the Olympics on TV. And I'm sure I will get a little sewing done. I am trying to decide what my next project will be. So guess I will be digging thru the stash and patterns and getting something laid out to start. That is always a fun project - just deciding what to make!!!

Friday, I spent several hours at the first "Quilt Show" by Tri-County Quilt Guide. It was so much fun looking at the quilts made by several friends and getting to see their ribbons. Maybe next year I will get brave and enter something myself.
Well friends it is time to get up from the computer and make myself useful around here. LuLu is in the kitchen "screaming" because she needs some attention. She wants Mama to come and pick her up and carry her around the house. She likes to wash dishes and play in the sink so maybe we will do that first. Have a wonderful day... Hugs from Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment