Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Excited...

I've been busy making purses for the past 2 days and loving each one. One of my quilting bees (Coles Crossing) had a sew-in where one of our members "Rachael" taught us how to make an "Origami Purse". We had been admiring her's before Christmas as she made approximately 14 of them to give as Xmas gifts. The purse is really quite simply to sew and we were finished in about 2 hours. So afterwards I headed to Hobby Lobby to buy some cute fabric and have now managed to make 3 of them. The pattern is from "Yone's Origami Purse Pattern." The purse has an outside pocket on each side and I am thrilled with mine. I may have to keep this in mind for unique gifts for friends and family.



I am really partial to the one with the safari fabric...





Let me know what you think of them as I always love to hear everyone's thoughts on my projects...

I am so thankful that it is Friday. My sisters and I always meet on Friday night and usually have other family members joining us as well. It is always fun to sit and chat with family and it is our way to unwind from the week. Plus -- we love those margaritas!!! Just so yummy... Well it's time to close for now so till next time... Linda

2 comments:

  1. I haven't popped into your blog for a while . . .you've been BUSY! I LOVE the jackets and these origami purses!! Both will be perfect for your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purses! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete